Wednesday, January 06, 2010

...on a cold an frosty morning!



The main roads in Manchester have provided plenty of challenges for people trying to get  to work. Snow and ice have closed most schools and left the emergency services heavily stretched. At times bus services have been suspended. Driving is difficult, walking any distance is tricky and this is no weather for cycling to work. So just how do you get to work on a day like this like this?



I have been making good use of the current conditions and remembering the old nursery rhyme: "This is the way we go to work on a cold and frosty morning!"

1 comment:

ukkiwi said...

Very clever, I am so pleased I managed to leave the UK on the 23rd, it had all just started and they were threatening to close the airports then, so I dread to think what it is like there now, I hope it warms up for you soon, we are now in NZ and Flamborough feels like a really long time ago.
Nicky
Hamilton, New Zealand