Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Yr Eifl - The Hills of the Lleyn Peninsula

Last summer I managed to share my passion for the Lleyn Peninsula with the readers of 'Summit' magazine, the journal of the British Mountaineering Council. The Lleyn Peninsula is the part of north Wales that juts out into the Irish Sea just to the south of Anglesey. Not only is there a stunning and varied coastline but there is a treasure trove of hills. Explore this peninsula, you will not be dissapointed, indeed you'll find a return visit hard to resist.

I have wrote one article about kayaking around the Lleyn for 'Ceufad', the journal of the Welsh Canoeing Association and another for 'Paddles' magazine. More importantly I eventually consolidated my knowledge of the north Wales coast with my contribution to the 'Welsh Sea Kayaking' guidebook.

So it was a great pleasure to have an article published in a magazine that entertains a completely different readership. You can read the article here, download the whole of 'Summit' issue 47 here, and view a wider selection of photos here.

Enjoy!

No comments: